Monday, September 1, 2008

More FO's!!!

On this last day of summer (for the kids!) we have a beautiful sunny day in Vermont- perfect for dying! I am working on my first overdying project. I have nine skeins of gray Manos wool that I want to be green for a sweater or poncho. The gray was a blue tone so I made my green dye mostly yellow with just drops of blue. It looks great in the dye pot but a little too yellow for me drying in the sun. I just have to be patient for it to dry to know the real outcome.

My boys here are modeling the hats I have made recently. The bright green is a simple cable cap knitted with some of my first handspun. The hat on the left is a Koolhaus hat knit with Malabrigo worsted merino that I have dreamed of for close to a year. I was bummed when I saw the pooling. I usually appreciate pooling on my socks to make them fun but the color pattern really takes away from the stitch pattern on this one. I have started a second Koolhaus with another color of the Malabrigo and no pooling so far...
Here is m finished February Sweater!! It was soooo fun to knit and I love the style. I may make a second one out of another yarn. This sweater was knit with Cascade 220 and it will be perfect for fall! Sorry about the sideways pictures- I haven't figured out how to deal with that yet. One of these days i will get a Blogging for dummies book and learn how to use my blog properly!


This last photo has been a long time coming. This is the cutest baby ever in one of the cutest sweaters I have ever knit. My first BSJ- out of my own handspun!!!!


Hope everyone if enjoying their holiday weekend!!!

6 comments:

Monika said...

The baby is really very cute in it's handspun jacket!
I think you have to turn the pictures before you upload them. Once they are uploaded you can't right them on blogger.

LauraRose said...

I kind of like the sideways pictures. Goodness your boys are (still) adorable and you are a knitting Machine!

Sarah O. Green said...

You are spinning your own yarn, too?!? I'm really impressed. Your sweater is beautiful, even if it is sideways. I hope to see it on you at school.

I think your boys are the cutest. I see what you mean by the pooling (??) of that one yarn. But your knitting is lovely.

Arlyn Bruccoli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arlyn Bruccoli said...

Announcement...heather won 5 blue ribbons for her knitting entries at the Tunbridge World's Fair!!!! and trust me...her stuff was all amazing (some is pictured on the blog). super cute baby vest (green witha purple ruffle), green hat...and I can't remember what else is posted here. you are amazing
arlyn

jessie said...

Congratulations on your EZ triumphs! Love the Feb lady sweater, even sideways.