Monday, March 12, 2007

Tamponification

I got an e-mail today sending me to the Seventh Generation website for tamponification. You click on a state and they will send free environmentally friendly feminine products to a women's shelter in that state. It is so worth the minute it will take to type in www.seventhgeneration.com .
In knitting news I am plugging away at my Lizard Ridge squares. I will put up pictures soon. I also finished the first of my March socks for the SAM KAL3. I made it out of the Fleece Artist and it is the first time I have used the yarn. I do love it! I started the sock following the pattern they have on the label but having an odd number of stitches on the heel threw me off and I just switched half way to my own sock pattern. I thought the one on the label was a little unclear. Anyone else try that pattern? How did it work for you?
The comfort doll project is chugging along. We were hoping to have 100 dolls in the next month but we are falling short. I have been trying to encourage parents and others to make one as the kids have put so much into the project. I don't want them to be disappointed. If anyone out here in cyberspace is interested in whipping out a doll (they are really quick) the pattern is in my archive and I will give you the address to send it to.
Sorry about the lack of pictures. I will take some in the next few days and get them up! Peace.

No comments: